Your next favorite dog food for any breed

Are Poinsettias Poisonous to Dogs?

Holiday season is upon us friends! A common question that comes to mind is what are somethings that we should protect our fur friend/friends from? 

According to AKC's very own  

"Poinsettias are a mildly toxic plant and should certainly be used with caution, but the dangers are hardly ever serious or fatal. The milky white sap found in poinsettias contains chemicals similar to those in detergents and when large quantities are ingested, mild signs of vomiting, drooling, or sometimes diarrhea may be seen. Skin irritation can occur when in contact with the milky white sap as well. Due to the low level of toxicity seen with poinsettia ingestion, you are safe to use them in your house with caution. All reasonable precautions should be made such as keeping plants and decorations out of your dog’s reach and never leaving your dog unattended when decorations, plants and potentially hazardous foods are present." 

  Keep your fur pal safe this Holiday season ! 


Happy Holidays Friends & Family! 


Full article can be found here----->


Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.